Professor of Economics
Research and Teaching Fields
Public Economics, Macroeconomics, Computational Economics, Family Economics
Recent Journal Publications
- “High Marginal Tax Rates on the Top 1%? Lessons from a Life Cycle Model with Idiosyncratic Income Risk” (joint with Dirk Krueger), forthcoming at: AEJ: Macroeconomics.
- “Inheritance Taxation and Wealth Effects on the Labor Supply of Heirs” (joint with Lukas Mayr and Dominik Sachs), Journal of Public Economics, 191, 104-127, 2020.
- “Bargaining over Babies: Theory, Evidence, and Policy Implications” (joint with Matthias Doepke), American Economic Review, 109 (9), 3264-3306, 2019.
- “Life in shackles? The quantitative implications of reforming the educational loan system” (joint with Ben Heijdra and Laurie Reijnders), Review of Economic Dynamics, 25, 37-57, 2017.
- “Families and Social Security” (joint with Hans Fehr and Manuel Kallweit), European Economic Review, 91, 30-56, 2017 .